Other Names for this Disease
- Lymphoplasmocytic sclerosing pancreatitis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
jaundice, weight loss, and noncancerous masses in the pancreas and other organs. Treatment often involves corticosteroids. The condition may recur following treatment, and require additional therapy.Autoimmune pancreatitis affects the pancreas, a gland behind the stomach and in front of the spine, and can also affect the bile ducts, salivary glands, kidneys, and lymph nodes. It is thought to occur when the immune system mistakenly begins to attack these healthy body tissues, glands, and organs. Common signs and symptoms include painless
Last updated: 2/6/2012
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. http://www.mayoclinic.org/autoimmune-pancreatitis/. Accessed 2/6/2012.
- The Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research Web site provides information on autoimmune pancreatitis. Click on the link above to access the information pages.
- The Pancreas Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia University Medical Center provides information about pancreatitis, including autoimmune pancreatitis. Click on the link above to view the information page.
- The University of Chicago Medicine Web site has an information page on chronic pancreatitis, which includes information on autoimmune pancreatitis. Click on the link above to view the information page.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Autoimmune pancreatitis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Law R et al., Autoimmune pancreatitis: A mimic of pancreatic cancer. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. Oct 2009;76(10):607-615.
- Wayne M et al., Autoimmune pancreatitis: Unveiling a hidden entity. Arch Surg. Nov 2005;140:1104-1107.
- Pezzilli R et al., Autoimmune pancreatitis management: reflections on the past decade and the decade to come. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2012 Feb;8(2):115-7.
- The Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases has published an article with information on this condition. This journal is affiliated with the Orphanet reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs.