Congenital generalized lipodystrophy type 4
Other Names for this Disease
- Lipodystrophy, congenital generalized, type 4
- Berardinelli-Seip congenital lipodystrophy, type 4, with muscular dystrophy
- Lipodystrophy, Berardinelli-Seip congenital, type 4, with muscular dystrophy
- Generalized congenital lipodystrophy with myopathy
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The NORD Physician Guide for Congenital generalized lipodystrophy type 4 was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.
(Amylin Pharmaceuticals, LLC)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Adjunct to diet as replacement therapy to treat the complications of leptin deficiency in patients with congenital or acquired generalized lipodystrophy.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|