Chromosome 15q25.2 microdeletion
Other Names for this Disease
- 15q25.2 deletion
- 15q25.2 deletion syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
chromosome abnormality that can affect many parts of the body. People with this condition are missing a small piece (deletion) of chromosome 15 at a location designated q25.2. The signs and symptoms vary but usually include mild to moderate intellectual disability and developmental delay. Some people may also have poor growth, anemia and/or physical abnormalities. Most cases are not inherited, although affected individuals can pass the deletion on to their children. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Chromosome 15q25.2 microdeletion is a
Last updated: 11/5/2014
- Wat MJ, Enciso VB, Wiszniewski W, Resnick T, Bader P, Roeder ER, Freedenberg D, Brown C, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW, Scott DA. Recurrent microdeletions of 15q25.2 are associated with increased risk of congenital diaphragmatic hernia, cognitive deficits and possibly Diamond--Blackfan anaemia. Med Genet. November, 2010; 47(11):777-781. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3225959/.
- Palumbo O, Palumbo P, Palladino T, Stallone R, Miroballo M, Piemontese MR, Zelante L, Carella M. An emerging phenotype of interstitial 15q25.2 microdeletions: clinical report and review. Am J Med Genet. December, 2012; 158A(12):3182-3189.
- Doelken SC, Seeger K, Hundsdoerfer P, Weber-Ferro W, Klopocki E, Graul-Neumann L. Proximal and distal 15q25.2 microdeletions-genotype-phenotype delineation of two neurodevelopmental susceptibility loci. Am J Med Genet. January, 2013; 161A(1):218-224.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Chromosome 15q25.2 microdeletion. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chromosome 15q25.2 microdeletion. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.