Other Names for this Disease
- Carney myxoma-endocrine complex
- Carney syndrome
- LAMB syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
schwannomas. Some families with this condition have been found to have mutations in the PRKAR1A gene. Carney complex is believed to be inherited in an autosomal dominant manner, which means that one copy of the altered gene in each cell is sufficient to cause the disorder. In most cases, an affected person inherits the mutation from one affected parent.Carney complex is an inherited condition characterized by spotty skin pigmentation, cardiac (heart) myxomas (tumors composed of mucous connective tissue), skin myxomas, endocrine tumors or over-activity, and
Last updated: 4/6/2015
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Carney complex. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Carney complex. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.