Other Names for this Disease
- Zellweger syndrome spectrum
- Peroxisomal biogenesis disorders, Zellweger syndrome spectrum
- PBD, ZSS
- Zellweger spectrum disorders
- PBD-Zellweger spectrum disorder
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
|Generic Name||cholic acid|
(Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, LLC)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of bile acid synthesis disorders due to single enzyme defects and as adjunctive treatment of peroxisomal disorders including Zellweger spectrum disorders in patients who exhibit manifestations of liver disease, steatorrhea or complications from decreased fat soluble vitamin absorption.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|