Prosthetic joint infection
Other Names for this Disease
- Knee replacement infection
- Artificial joint infection
- Joint replacement infection
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Berbari, E.; La Baddour, L.. Treatment of Prosthetic Joint Infections. UpToDate. September 19, 2013; http://www.uptodate.com/contents/treatment-of-prosthetic-joint-infections. Accessed 12/12/2013.
- Osteomyelitis. Mayo Clinic. November 20, 2012; http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/osteomyelitis/DS00759. Accessed 12/12/2013.
- Bone Infections. MedlinePlus. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/boneinfections.html. Accessed 12/12/2013.
- Joint Replacement Surgery: Information for Multiclutural Communities. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. October 2012; http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Joint_Replacement/default.asp. Accessed 12/12/2013.
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons has information on Prosthetic joint infection. Click on the link above to view this information page.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases, the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research, and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.