- Faciocutaneoskeletal syndrome
- FCS syndrome
Your QuestionWhat is the life expectancy of an individual with Costello syndrome?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
The signs and symptoms of Costello syndrome overlap significantly with those of two other genetic conditions, cardiofaciocutaneous (CFC) syndrome and Noonan syndrome. While the three conditions are distinguished by their genetic cause and specific patterns of signs and symptoms, it can be difficult to tell them apart in infancy.
- Costello syndrome was only first described in the 1970s
- Costello syndrome is very rare
According to the Costello Syndrome Support Network, there are a number of individuals with Costello syndrome in their twenties and thirties. The oldest person that they have on record was born in 1960.Morbidity and mortality in Costello syndrome are generally related to complications such as cancer and problems involving the heart.
- Costello syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/costello-syndrome. Accessed 1/13/2011.
- Stone C. What is the lifespan of a person with CS?. Costello Syndrome Family Network. 2010; http://faq.costellokids.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=18&id=62&artlang=en. Accessed 1/13/2011.