- Faciocutaneoskeletal syndrome
- FCS syndrome
The signs and symptoms of Costello syndrome overlap significantly with those of two other genetic conditions, cardiofaciocutaneous (CFC) syndrome and Noonan syndrome. While the three conditions are distinguished by their genetic cause and specific patterns of signs and symptoms, it can be difficult to tell them apart in infancy.
- Costello syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/costello-syndrome. Accessed 1/13/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Costello syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Costello syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.