Other Names for this Disease
- Macrosomia, obesity, macrocephaly, ocular abnormalities
- Macrocrania, obesity, ocular abnormalities (retinal coloboma and nystagmus)
- Macrocephaly-obesity-mental disability-ocular abnormalities syndrome
- Macrosomia-obesity-macrocephaly-ocular abnormalities syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Macrocephaly, Obesity, Macrosomia, and Ocular anomalies that were present in the individuals first reported. It has also been proposed that the acronym stand for Macrocephaly, Obesity, Mental (intellectual) disability, and Ocular abnormalities because overgrowth (macrosomia) did not appear to be a feature in all affected individuals. The most common features that have been reported include generalized obesity starting from early childhood; macrocephaly; ocular abnormalities (especially retinal or choroid coloboma); delayed bone age; and intellectual disability. It is thought to be caused by a new (de novo) autosomal dominant mutation, although this remains unclear.MOMO syndrome is a rare syndrome that was named for the characteristics of
Last updated: 9/14/2012
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss MOMO syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.