Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
Other Names for this Disease
- Adynamia episodica hereditaria with or without myotonia
- Gamstorp disease
- Gamstorp episodic adynamy
- Sodium channel muscle disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis. Genetics Home Reference. April 2007; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/hyperkalemic-periodic-paralysis. Accessed 9/21/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.