Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
Other Names for this Disease
- Gamstorp disease
- Gamstorp episodic adynamy
- Adynamia episodica hereditaria with or without myotonia
- Sodium channel muscle disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of primary hyperkalemic periodic paralysis, primary hypokalemic period paralysis, and related variants|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|