Spinal muscular atrophy type 3
Other Names for this Disease
- Juvenile spinal muscular atrophy
- Kugelberg-Welander disease
- Kugelberg-Welander syndrome
- Muscular atrophy, juvenile
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Spinal muscular atrophy type 3. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Families of SMA has created a booklet entitled Understanding SMA that is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Spinal muscular atrophy type 3. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Spinal muscular atrophy type 3. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.