See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association can help you find a doctor who knows about muscular dystrophy. Click on the link to search for specialty clinics nearest you.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association has a live chat for patients with Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD), which is a type of Dysferlinopathy. Click on the link to view the MDA's calendar which lists the days and times for upcomming LGMD chats.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association's local network of chapters and field offices provide services to enhance mobility and independent living.
- The Jain Foundation provides a list of doctors who are knowledgeable about diagnosing dysferlinopathy.
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.