Other Names for this Disease
- Ascher's syndrome
- Blepharochalasis - double lip
- Blepharochalasis and double lip
- Blepharophimosis - radioulnar synostosis
- Double upper lip, blepharochalasis and enlargement of the thyroid
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Ascher Syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Ramesh BA. Ascher syndrome: Review of literature and case report Indian J Plast Surg. 2011 Jan;44(1):147-9.
- de Andrade Santos PP, Alves PM, Freitas VS, de Souza LB. Double Lip Surgical Correction in Ascher's Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment of a Rare Condition Clinics. 2008 Oct;63(5):709-712.