Other Names for this Disease
- Dystonia 1, torsion, autosomal dominant
- Dystonia musculorum deformans
- Dystonia musculorum deformans 1
- Early onset torsion dystonia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
|Generic Name||Botulinum toxin type A|
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of cervical dystonia in adults to decrease the severity of abnormal head position and neck pain associated with cervical dystonia. Treatment of blepharospasm or strabismus associated with dystonia in adults (patients 12 years of age and above).|
|More Information about this product||
Drug Information Portal
Medline Plus Health Information