Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia with hypothyroidism and ciliary dyskinesia
Other Names for this Disease
- HEDH syndrome
- Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia with hypothyroidism
- Ectodermal dysplasia hypohidrotic with hypothyroidism and ciliary dyskinesia
- Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia - hypothyroidism - ciliary dyskinesia
- ANOTHER syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
alopecia (hair loss); nail dystrophy (abnormal development of the nails); ophthalmic (eye-related) complications; thyroid dysfunction (primary hypothyroidism); hypohidrosis; ephelides (freckles); enteropathy (disease of the intestine); and respiratory tract infections due to ciliary dyskinesia. These features have lead to the acronym ANOTHER syndrome as an alternative name for the condition. The gene that causes the condition is currently unknown but it is thought to be inherited in an autosomal recessive manner. Treatment is generally symptomatic and supportive.Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia with hypothyroidism and ciliary dyskinesia is a rare condition characterized by
Last updated: 11/30/2015
- Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia - hypothyroidism - ciliary dyskinesia. Orphanet. October 2006; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=1882. Accessed 3/28/2012.
- Socialstyrelsen: The National Board Of Health Welfare in Sweden has an information page on hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. Click on the link above to view this information page.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia with hypothyroidism and ciliary dyskinesia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.