Other Names for this Disease
- Arthrogryposis distal type 3
- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita distal type 2a
- Camptodactyly - cleft palate- clubfoot
- Camptodactyly, cleft palate, and clubfoot
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
clubfoot (abnormal bending inward of the foot), and less frequently, cleft palate. Intelligence is usually normal. In some cases, additional abnormalities such as scoliosis or undescended testicles in males may be present. The range and severity of symptoms may vary from case to case. Gordon syndrome is thought to be inherited in an autosomal dominant or X-linked dominant manner. The exact cause remains unknown.Gordon Syndrome is a rare, inherited type of distal arthrogryposis typically characterized by a combination of camptodactyly (a permanent fixation of several fingers in a flexed position),
Last updated: 12/5/2012
- Gordon syndrome. Orphanet. 2005; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=376. Accessed 12/19/2011.
- Gordon syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2003; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/507/viewAbstract. Accessed 12/19/2011.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Gordon syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.