Other Names for this Disease
- Heparin-associated thrombocytopenia
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia type 2
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
(Hoechst Marion Roussel)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|For anticoagulation in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and associated thromboembolic disease in order to prevent further thromboembolic complications.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|