Wrinkly skin syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Wrinkled skin syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
autosomal recessive fashion. It can be caused by mutations in the ATP6VOA2 gene. Related conditions include autosomal recessive cutis laxa syndrome type 2 and Cantu syndrome.Wrinkly skin syndrome is a genetic condition characterized by sagging or wrinkly skin, reduced skin elasticity, and delayed closure of the fontanel (a baby's "soft spot" on the top of his/her head). Other associated signs and symptoms vary widely. Case reports suggest that this condition is often inherited in an
Last updated: 10/12/2011
- Morava E, Guillard M, Lefeber DJ, Wevers RA. Autosomal recessive cutis laxa syndrome revisited. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009 Sep;17(9):1099-110; http://www.nature.com.ezproxy.nihlibrary.nih.gov/ejhg/journal/v17/n9/full/ejhg200922a.html. Accessed 10/12/2011.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Wrinkly skin syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Morava E, Guillard M, Lefeber DJ, Wevers RA. Autosomal recessive cutis laxa syndrome revisited. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009 Sep;17(9):1099-110.