Other Names for this Disease
- Hyper IgD syndrome
- Hyperimmunoglobulinemia D and periodic fever syndrome
- Periodic fever Dutch type
- Hyperimmunoglobinemia D with recurrent fever
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your QuestionAre there certain foods that can trigger a flare up of hyper IgD syndrome?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
A search of the resources available to us did not identify any reports of foods that have been found to cause attacks in individuals with hyper IgD syndrome. We encourage you to discuss any specific factors which appear to trigger attacks in your particular case with your health care provider(s).
Last updated: 8/25/2011
Fever episodes in individuals with hyper IgD syndrome can be triggered by vaccinations, surgery, injury, or stress.
Last updated: 3/5/2013
- Shinawi M, Scaglia F. Hereditary Periodic Fever Syndromes. Medscape Reference. 2013; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/952254-overview. Accessed 3/5/2013.
- Mevalonate kinase deficiency. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2011; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/mevalonate-kinase-deficiency. Accessed 3/5/2013.