Other Names for this Disease
- Hallermann Streiff syndrome
- Hallermann Streiff Francois syndrome
- Francois dyscephalic syndrome
- François dyscephalic syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
The genetic cause of Hallerman-Streiff syndrome has not been identified. It reportedly typically occurs randomly for unknown reasons (sporadically), most likely due to a new spontaneous (de novo) mutation in the affected individual.
Last updated: 7/23/2012
- Hallermann Streiff Syndrome. NORD. April 11, 2012; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/498/viewAbstract. Accessed 7/23/2012.