Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma type I
Other Names for this Disease
- Buschke fischer brauer syndrome
- Keratodermia palmoplantaris papulosa, Buschke-Fischer-Brauer type
- Type I punctate palmoplantar keratoderma
- Keratoderma, palmoplantar punctate type 1
- Buschke-Fischer-Brauer syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
punctate palmoplantar keratoderma. Signs and symptoms begin in early adolescence or later and include hard, round bumps of thickened skin on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. It is is usually inherited in an autosomal dominant manner and can be caused by mutations in the AAGAB gene. Treatment options may include chemical or mechanical keratolysis as well as systemic acitretin. Some affected individuals have used surgical approaches consisting of excision and skin grafting.Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma type I, also known as keratosis palmoplantaris papulosa (KPPP) or Brauer-Buschke-Fisher Syndrome is is a rare condition that affects the skin. It is a type of
Last updated: 1/1/2016
- Martinez-Mir A et al. Identification of a locus for type I punctuate palmoplantar keratoderma on chromosome 15q22-q24. J Med Genet. 2003;
- Oztas P et al.,. Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma (Brauer-Buschke-Fisher Syndrome). Am J Clin Dermatol. 2007;
- Asadi AK. Type I hereditary punctuate keratoderma. Dermatology Online Journal. 2003;
- Erkek E et al.,. Type I Hereditary punctuate keratoderma associated with widespread lentigo simplex and successfully treated with low-dose oral acitretin. Arch Dermatology. 2006 Aug;
- KERATODERMA, PALMOPLANTAR, PUNCTATE TYPE I; PPKP1. OMIM. November, 2014; http://omim.org/entry/148600. Accessed 1/1/2016.
- Rapprich S, Hagedorn M. Surgical treatment of severe palmoplantar keratoderma. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. March 2011; 9(3):252-255.
- Palmoplantar keratoderma. DermNet NZ. 2015; http://www.dermnetnz.org/scaly/palmoplantar-keratoderma.html. Accessed 1/1/2016.
- Punctate-type palmoplantar keratoderma. DermNet NZ. September, 2015; http://www.dermnetnz.org/scaly/punctate-keratoderma.html. Accessed 1/1/2016.
- MedlinePlus provides more information on skin conditions in general. MedlinePlus is a Web site designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma type I. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.