Neonatal progeroid syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Wiedemann-Rautenstrauch syndrome
- Progeroid syndrome neonatal
- Wiedemann Rautenstrauch syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Because neonatal progeroid syndrome affects many different systems of the body, medical management is often provided by a team of doctors and other healthcare professionals. Treatment varies based on the signs and symptoms present in each person. For example, a feeding tube may be recommended in infants with feeding difficulties who have trouble putting on weight.
Last updated: 4/15/2015
- Wiedemann Rautenstrauch Syndrome. NORD. 2010; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/1104/viewAbstract.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The Centers for Mendelian Genomics program is working to discover the causes of rare genetic disorders. For more information about applying to the research study, please visit their website.