Other Names for this Disease
- Azoospermia - sinopulmonary infections
- Azoospermia obstructive and chronic sinopulmonary infections
- Barry Perkins Young syndrome
- Sinusitis-infertility syndrome
cystic fibrosis, including bronchiectasis, sinusitis, and obstructive azoospermia (a condition in which sperm are produced but do not mix with the rest of the ejaculatory fluid due to a physical obstruction, resulting in nonexistent levels of sperm in semen) . The condition is usually diagnosed in middle-aged men who undergo evaluation for infertility. Although the exact cause has not been identified, it is believed to be a genetic condition. At this time, there is no known effective treatment or cure for Young syndrome.Young syndrome is a condition whose signs and symptoms may be similar to those seen in
Last updated: 6/24/2009
- Barker AF. Chapter 90 - Bronchiectasis, Atelectasis, Cysts, and Localized Lung Disorders. Goldman: Cecil Medicine, 23rd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, An Imprint of Elsevier; 2007;
- Young Syndrome. OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man). March 9, 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=279000. Accessed 6/24/2009.
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Young syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.