Mitochondrial DNA-associated Leigh syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Leigh disease, maternally inherited
- Subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy maternally inherited
- Maternally inherited Leigh syndrome
- Leigh syndrome
- Mitochondrial DNA Deletion Syndromes
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.
- The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) is a team of doctors, nurses, research coordinators, and research labs throughout the U.S., working together to improve the lives of people with this condition through research. The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) has a registry for patients who wish to be contacted about clinical research opportunities.
For more information on the registry see: http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/registry/index.htm