Chromosome 3p deletion
Other Names for this Disease
- Deletion 3p
- Monosomy 3p
- 3p deletion
- 3p monosomy
- Partial monosomy 3p
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
chromosome abnormality that affects many different parts of the body. People with this condition are missing genetic material located on the short arm (p) of chromosome 3 in each cell. The severity of the condition and the associated signs and symptoms vary based on the size and location of the deletion and which genes are involved. Most cases are not inherited, although affected people can pass the deletion on to their children. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Chromosome 3p deletion is a
Last updated: 4/19/2015
- 3p25 Deletions. Unique. 2014; http://www.rarechromo.org/information/Chromosome%20%203/3p25%20deletions%20FTNW.pdf.
- 3p26 Deletions. Unique. 2013; http://www.rarechromo.org/information/Chromosome%20%203/3p26%20deletions%20FTNW.pdf.
- Lloveras E, Vendrell T, Fernández A, Castells N, Cueto A, Del Campo M, Hernando C, Villa O, Plaja A. Intrachromosomal 3p Insertion as a Cause of Reciprocal Pure Interstitial Deletion and Duplication in Two Siblings: Further Delineation of the Emerging Proximal 3p Deletion Syndrome. Cytogenet Genome Res. Feb 2015; [Epub ahead of print]:
- Mersal AY, Basha MK, Brinji ZS, Avand G. A Saudi Patient with an Interstitial Deletion of Short Arm of Chromosome 3 (p13 to p21) and its Association with Joubert's Syndrome Features. J Clin Neonatol. January 2013; 2(1):46-49.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) has a report for patients and families about this condition. NORD is a patient advocacy organization for individuals with rare diseases and the organizations that serve them.
- Unique is a source of information and support for families and individuals affected by rare chromosome disorders. Click on the link to view information about Chromosome 3p deletion.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chromosome 3p deletion. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.