Morquio syndrome A
Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital aortic valve stenosis
- Galactosamine-6-sulfatase deficiency
- GALNS deficiency
- Morquio A disease
- MPS 4A
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- Project OrphanAnesthesia is a project whose aim is to create peer-reviewed, readily accessible guidelines for patients with rare diseases and for the anesthesiologists caring for them. The project is a collaborative effort of the German Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orphanet, the European Society of Pediatric Anesthesia, anesthetists and rare disease experts with the aim to contribute to patient safety.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Morquio syndrome A. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
|Generic Name||elosulfase alfa|
(BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Patients with Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (MPS IVA; Morquio A syndrome)|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|