Other Names for this Disease
- Naegeli-Franceschetti-Jadassohn syndrome
- NFJ syndrome
- Reticular skin changes, dental anomalies, decreased function of sweat glands, strabismus, and optic atrophy
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Treatment for Naegeli syndrome is based on an individual's symptoms. Dry skin can be moisturized with creams. To avoid overheating, affected individuals should wear appropriate clothing and use wet dressings. Dental care is needed treat cavities and tooth loss.
Last updated: 7/14/2009
- Itin P. Naegeli-Franceschetti-Jadassohn syndrome. Orphanet. January 2009; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=69087. Accessed 7/14/2009.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.