Spinocerebellar ataxia 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Olivopontocerebellar atrophy 2
- Olivopontocerebellar atrophy Holguin type
- SCA 2
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Pulst SM. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. GeneReviews. August 1, 2013; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1275/. Accessed 1/31/2014.
- Spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Genetics Home Reference. February, 2011; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/spinocerebellar-ataxia-type-2. Accessed 6/23/2014.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Spinocerebellar ataxia 2. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia: Making an Informed Choice about Genetic Testing is a booklet providing information about spinocerebellar ataxia and is available as a PDF document on the University of Washington Medical Center Web site. Click on the title above to view this resource.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Neuromuscular Disease Center at Washington University provides information about spinocerebellar ataxia 2.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Spinocerebellar ataxia 2. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.