Other Names for this Disease
- Geroderma osteodysplasticum
- Gerodermia osteodysplastica
- Walt Disney dwarfism
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by lax, wrinkled skin, loose joints and a typical face with a prematurely aged appearance. Skeletal signs include severe osteoporosis leading to frequent fractures, malar and mandibular hypoplasia (underdeveloped cheekbones and jaw) and a variable degree of growth deficiency. This condition is caused by mutations in the GORAB gene.Geroderma osteodysplastica
Last updated: 7/15/2014
- GORAB. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). July 14, 2014; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/GORAB. Accessed 7/15/2014.
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Geroderma osteodysplastica. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.