Dihydropteridine reductase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- DHPR deficiency
- Hyperphenylalaninemia, BH-4-deficient, C
- Hyperphenylalaninemia due to dihydropteridine reductase deficiency
- Phenylketonuria type 2
- Quinoid dihydropteridine reductase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.
- When an infant is newly diagnosed with PKU, the Children's PKU Network will send the parents an express pack of information to help the family get adjusted. This packet is free of charge. Click on the link to read more about how to obtain a packet.