Dihydropteridine reductase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- DHPR deficiency
- Hyperphenylalaninemia due to dihydropteridine reductase deficiency
- Hyperphenylalaninemia, BH-4-deficient, C
- Mild phenylketonuria
- Mild PKU
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- Women with PKU who want to become pregnant can obtain a maternal express packet of information from the Children's PKU Network - free of charge - designed to assist women with their diet.
- Wappner, et al. Management of Phenylketonuria for Optimal Outcome: A Review of Guidelines for Phenylketonuria Management and a Report of Surveys of Parents, Patients, and Clinic Directors. Pediatrics.1999;104:e68.
- You can find diet-related information on the PKU News Web site. Click on the link to view.
- To help you stay up-to-date on ongoing PKU research visit the PKU News Web site. Click on the link to view research information.