Pierre Robin sequence
Other Names for this Disease
- Glossoptosis, micrognathia, and cleft palate
- Isolated Pierre Robin sequence
- Isolated Pierre Robin syndrome
- Pierre-Robin syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
The exact causes of Pierre Robin syndrome are unknown. Pierre-Robin syndrome can occur in otherwise healthy individuals. It can also occur as part of a variety of different syndromes. Pierre Robin sequence has been reported as occurring in association with Stickler syndrome, trisomy 18 syndrome, trisomy 11q syndrome, deletion 4q syndrome, rheumatoid arthropathy, hypochondroplasia, Moebius syndrome, CHARGE association, velocardiofacial syndrome, and Treacher-Collins syndrome.
Last updated: 7/27/2012
- Tolarova MM. Pierre Robin Malformation. Medscape Reference. March 13, 2012; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/995706-overview. Accessed 7/27/2012.
- Jones KL. Robin Sequence. Smith's Recognizable Patterns of Human Malformation, 6th ed.. Philadelphia: Elsevier / Saunders; 2006;