Other Names for this Disease
- Extra digits
- Supernumerary digits
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Last updated: 5/8/2015
- Polydactyly. MedlinePlus. 12/04/2013; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003176.htm. Accessed 5/8/2015.
- Abel CG and DM McCarthy. Supernumerary Digit. Medscape Reference. 05/10/2013; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1113584-overview. Accessed 5/8/2015.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
Polydactyly of the foot
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Polydactyly. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.