Primary ciliary dyskinesia
Other Names for this Disease
- Ciliary dyskinesia primary
- Polynesian bronchiectasis
- Immotile cilia syndrome
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Primary ciliary dyskinesia. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Genetic Disorders Of Mucociliary Clearance Consortium is a network of four U.S. centers (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Washington, and University of Colorado) that are collaborating in the diagnostic testing, genetic studies, and clinical trials in patients with impairments in mucociliary clearance, focusing on primary ciliary dyskinesia, cystic fibrosis, and pseudohypoaldosteronism. Ultimately, this group hopes to better define the clinical pathogenesis of these important airway diseases, improve or expand diagnostic testing, and develop new and effective treatments. To read more about this consortium and their involvement with primary ciliary dyskinesia and Kartagener syndrome, click on the above link.