Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia
Other Names for this Disease
- Progressive external ophthalmoplegia
- Maternally-inherited chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia
- Maternally-inherited CPEO
- Maternally-inherited progressive external ophthalmoplegia
- Mitochondrial DNA Deletion Syndromes
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There is a study titled Screening Study for the Evaluation and Diagnosis of Potential Research Participants which may be of interest to you. To find this trial, click on the link above.
- The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT) provides access to reports, data, and analyses of research activities at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including information on NIH expenditures and the results of NIH-supported research. Although these projects may not conduct studies on humans, you may want to contact the investigators to learn more. To search for studies, enter the disease name in the "Text Search" box. Then click "Submit Query".
- The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) is a team of doctors, nurses, research coordinators, and research labs throughout the U.S., working together to improve the lives of people with this condition through research. The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) has a registry for patients who wish to be contacted about clinical research opportunities.
For more information on the registry see: http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/registry/index.htm