Other Names for this Disease
- New X-linked syndrome with seizures, acquired micrencephaly, and agenesis of the corpus callosum
- Corpus callosum, agenesis of, with abnormal genitalia
- ACC with abnormal genitalia
- Proud Levine Carpenter syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
agenesis of the corpus callosum, seizures, and spasticity. It usually occurs in males; when it occurs in females, the signs and symptoms are often less severe. Proud syndrome is caused by changes (mutations) in the ARX gene and is inherited in an X-linked recessive manner. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Proud syndrome is a rare neurological condition that is primarily characterized by severe intellectual disability,
Last updated: 7/1/2015
- CORPUS CALLOSUM, AGENESIS OF, WITH ABNORMAL GENITALIA. OMIM. September 2013; http://www.omim.org/entry/300004.
- Proud VK, Levine C, Carpenter NJ. New X-linked syndrome with seizures, acquired micrencephaly, and agenesis of the corpus callosum. Am J Med Genet. April 1992; 43(1-2):458-466.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Proud syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Proud syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.