Triple A syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Achalasia Addisonianism Alacrimia syndrome
- AAA syndrome
- Alacrima-achalasia-adrenal insufficiency neurologic disorder
- Addisonian achalasia syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Triple A syndrome is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern,which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene and are referred to as "carriers" but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition. When 2 carriers for the same autosomal recessive condition have a child, there is a 25% (1 in 4) chance that the child will have the condition, a 50% (1 in 2) chance that the child will be a carrier like each of the parents, and a 25% chance that the child will not have the condition and not be a carrier for the condition.
Last updated: 9/24/2015
- Triple A syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. February 2010; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/triple-a-syndrome. Accessed 9/24/2015.