Other Names for this Disease
- Succinyl-CoA:3-oxoacid CoA transferase deficiency
- Ketoacidosis due to SCOT deficiency
- Succinyl-CoA acetoacetate transferase deficiency
- 3-oxoacid CoA transferase deficiency
Tests & Diagnosis
Diagnosis of SCOT deficiency is made in people showing the signs and symptoms of the condition and who have absent or reduced SCOT enzyme activity.
Last updated: 9/4/2010
- Fukao T. Succinyl-CoA transferase (SCOT) deficiency. Orphanet Encyclopedia. 2004; http://www.orpha.net/data/patho/GB/uk-scot.pdf. Accessed 9/2/2010.
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition.