Other Names for this Disease
- Pancreatic insufficiency and bone marrow dysfunction
- Shwachman-Bodian syndrome
- Lipomatosis of pancreas, congenital
- Congenital lipomatosis of pancreas
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
News & Events
- Shwachman Diamond Syndrome International Congress, June 28, 2011 - June 30, 2011
Location: New York Academy of Science , New York, NY
Description: This biannual Congress - the only multidisciplinary forum devoted specifically to SDS - will explore the most important recent advances in our understanding of the clinical features, current management, and treatment of SDS, and the molecular function of SBDS in hematopoiesis, leukemogenesis, and organogenesis, via a series of plenary lectures, poster sessions, interactive panel discussions, and workshops. Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome patients and their caregivers are eligible to register at a discounted registration rate. For more information, please contact Ms. Deanna Vollmer at 212.298.8611.