- Silver-Russell syndrome
- Silver-Russell dwarfism
Your QuestionHow can I meet other families with children with Russell-Silver syndrome? My granddaughter was recently diagnosed with this condition. I want to know how I can best support and help her as she grows.
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
- intrauterine growth restriction
- low birth weight
- poor growth
- short stature
- curving of the pinky finger (clinodactyly)
- characteristic facial features (wide forehead; small, triangular face; and small, narrow chin)
- arms and legs of different lengths
- cafe-au-lait spots (birth marks)
- delayed bone age
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- kidney problems
- "stubby" fingers and toes
- developmental delay
- learning disabilities
Russell-Silver Syndrome Support
Web site: http://russell-silversupport.org/smf/
RSS-Support yahoo group, an online discussion group for adults with family members or other loved ones with Russell-Silver syndrome. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RSS-Support/
RSS-People yahoo group, an online discussion group for children and adults with Russell-Silver syndrome.
Growth Hormone Deficiency group is an International Rare Disease Support Network (IRDSN) eGroup hosted through yahoo group open for anyone interested in making friends, sharing information and providing support for persons affected by 'Growth Hormone Deficiency.
MAGIC List is an online group sponsored by MAGIC Foundation and hosted by yahoo group. It exists to support, encourage, and advice on the issues associated with raising children on Growth Hormone Therapy.
In addition the following organizations provide information and support for people with Russell-Silver syndrome and their families.
Silver-Russell Support Group
c/o Child Growth Foundation
2 Mayfield Avenue
Phone: 020 8995 0257; 020 8994 7625
Fax: 020 8995 9075
MAGIC Foundation for Children's Growth
6645 W. North Ave.
Oak Park, IL 60302
Russell-Silver syndrome page: http://www.magicfoundation.org/www/docs/112/russel_silver_syndrome.html
Human Growth Foundation (HGF)
997 Glen Cove Avenue
Glen Head, N.Y. 11545
Web site: http://hgfound.org/
Little People's Research Fund, Inc. (LPRF)
616 Old Edmondson Avenue
Catonsville, MD 21228
Web site: http://www.lprf.org/
- Russell-Silver syndrome. MedlinePlus. March 2, 2016; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001209.htm.
- Russell-Silver syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=russellsilversyndrome.
- Saal HM. Russell-Silver Syndrome. GeneReviews. June 2 2011; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1324/.