De Barsy syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Corneal clouding, cutis laxa and mental retardation
- Cutis laxa - corneal clouding - intellectual disability
- Cutis laxa growth deficiency syndrome
- Progeroid syndrome of De Barsy
- Progeroid syndrome, De Barsy type
Your QuestionAre all of the people diagnosed with De Barsy syndrome intellectually delayed?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
In a review article published in 2008, the authors state that of the reported cases of De Barsy syndrome in the literature, 76% of affected individuals were described as having developmental delay, which was severe in 48%. No individuals were reported to have normal development. However, the long-term developmental outcome was not available for many individuals because they either died in infancy or were reported in the first 2 years of life.
Last updated: 10/31/2011