Spinal muscular atrophy type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Muscular atrophy, spinal, intermediate type
- Muscular atrophy, spinal, infantile chronic form
- Spinal muscular atrophy type II
- SMA II
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- Thomas W Prior, PhD, FACMG and Barry S Russman, MD. Spinal Muscular Atrophy. GeneReviews. November 2013; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1352/.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.