Mitochondrial complex II deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- Succinate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Complex 2 mitochondrial respiratory chain deficiency
- Isolated mitochondrial respiratory chain complex II deficiency
- Isolated succinate-coenzyme Q reductase deficiency
- Isolated succinate-CoQ reductase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Treatment options for complex II deficiency may be similar to those for other mitochondrial disorders in general. The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF) provides detailed information on treatment through their Web site at: http://www.umdf.org/site/pp.aspx?c=8qKOJ0MvF7LUG&b=7934635 We strongly recommend that you discuss this information with a healthcare provider.
Last updated: 4/15/2015
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.