Syndactyly type 3
Other Names for this Disease
- Syndactyly of the ring and little finger
- Syndactyly of fingers four and five
- Ring and little finger syndactyly
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
mutations in the GJA1 gene, which has also been implicated in a condition called oculodentodigital dysplasia. SD3 is the characteristic digital abnormality in this condition. SD3 is inherited in an autosomal dominant manner.Syndactyly type 3 (SD3) is a limb abnormality present at birth that is characterized by complete fusion of the 4th and 5th fingers on both hands. In most cases only the soft tissue is fused, but in some cases the bones of the fingers (distal phalanges) are fused. There is evidence that SD3 is caused by
Last updated: 6/3/2013
- Syndactyly type 3. Orphanet. October 2010; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=93404. Accessed 6/3/2013.
On this page
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Syndactyly type 3. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.