Primary carnitine deficiency
- Carnitine deficiency, systemic, due to defect in renal reabsorption of carnitine
- Carnitine plasma-membrane transporter deficiency
- Carnitine transporter deficiency
- Carnitine uptake defect
- Carnitine uptake deficiency
News & Events
ORDR Co-Sponsored Conferences
Research Challenges in CNS Manifestations of Inborn Errors of Metabolism Workshop, Monday, December 07, 2009 - Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Location: Bethesda North Marriott, Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Jointly sponsored by the National Institute of Health's Office Rare Diseases Research, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, and the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Division of Gastroenterology Products, the goal of this workshop is to bring together those involved in research and investigational treatments for central nervous system aspects of inborn errors of metabolism, and to discuss ways to translate these therapies to clinical trials and beyond.
- The International Network for Fatty Acid Oxidation Research and Management (INFORM) has been formed in order to promote research and discussion into the cause, diagnosis, and management of inborn errors of fatty acid oxidation. INFORM will sponsor an inaugural symposium to be held on September 6, 2014 in Innsbruck, Austria following SSIEM, with annual meetings thereafter. The Network will provide a collaborative framework for ongoing communication and research between the members.