Unna-Thost palmoplantar keratoderma
Other Names for this Disease
- Diffuse nonepidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma
- Diffuse NEPPK
- Thost-Unna disease
- PPK diffusa circumscripta
- Thost-Unna palmoplantar keratoderma
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Keratolytics (such as salicylic acid in propylene glycol)
- Topical retinoids
- Topical vitamin D ointment (calcipotriol)
- Systemic retinoids (acitretin)
Antifungal medication may help if the condition occurs along with a fungal infection.
Last updated: 5/8/2014
- Stanway A. Diffuse hereditary palmoplantar keratodermas. DermNet NZ. December 29, 2013; http://dermnetnz.org/scaly/diffuse-keratoderma.html. Accessed 5/8/2014.
- Kingsbery MY. Keratosis Palmaris et Plantaris. Medscape Reference. July 23, 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1108406-overview#a1. Accessed 5/8/2014.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.