Tranebjaerg Svejgaard syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Mental retardation X-linked, Tranebjaerg type seizures and psoriasis
- X-linked mental retardation associated with psoriasis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
psoriasis. It has been reported in four male cousins. The underlying genetic cause of the condition is currently unknown; however, it is thought to be inherited in an X-linked manner. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person and may include medications to control seizures.Tranebjaerg Svejgaard syndrome is a rare condition that is characterized by intellectual disability, seizures and
Last updated: 11/11/2015
- MENTAL RETARDATION AND PSORIASIS. OMIM. September 2011; http://www.omim.org/entry/309480.
- X-linked intellectual disability - seizures - psoriasis. Orphanet. 2006; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Disease_Search.php?lng=EN&data_id=2741&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseType=ORPHA&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseGroup=3052&Disease(s)/group%20of%20diseases=Tranebjaerg-Svejgaard-syndrome&title=Tranebjaerg-Svejgaard-syndrome&search=Disease_Search_Simple.
- Tranebjaerg L, Svejgaard A, Lykkesfeldt G. X-linked mental retardation associated with psoriasis: a new syndrome?. Am J Med Genet. May-June 1988; 30(1-2):263-273.
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Tranebjaerg Svejgaard syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.