Chromosome Xq duplication
Other Names for this Disease
- Duplication Xq
- Partial trisomy Xq
- Trisomy Xq
- Xq duplication
- Xq trisomy
chromosome abnormality that affects many different parts of the body. People with this condition have an extra copy of the genetic material located on the long arm (q) of the X chromosome in each cell. The severity of the condition and the associated signs and symptoms vary based on the size and location of the duplication; the genes involved; and the sex of the affected person. In general, males are typically more severely affected than females and often experience intellectual disability, developmental delay, short stature, abnormalities of the reproductive organs, and distinctive craniofacial features. Many females with this duplication do not have any symptoms or are only affected with short stature; however, some may be just as severely affected as males with the condition. Most cases are inherited in an X-linked manner, often from a mother with no signs or symptoms of the condition. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Chromosome Xq duplication is a
Last updated: 3/2/2015
- Cheng SF, Rauen KA, Pinkel D, Albertson DG, Cotter PD.. Xq chromosome duplication in males: clinical, cytogenetic and array CGH characterization of a new case and review. Am J Med Genet A. June 2005; 135(3):308-313.
- Armstrong L, McGowan-Jordan J, Brierley K, Allanson JE.. De novo dup(X)(q22.3q26) in a girl with evidence that functional disomy of X material is the cause of her abnormal phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. January 2003; 116A(1):71-76.
- Donnelly DE1, Jones J, McNerlan SE, McGrattan P, Humphreys M, McKee S.. Growth retardation, developmental delay and dysmorphic features in a girl with a partial duplication of Xq. Clin Dysmorphol. April 2011; 20(2):82-85.
- Sanlaville D, Schluth-Bolard C, Turleau C.. Distal Xq duplication and functional Xq disomy. Orphanet J Rare Dis. February 2009; 4:4.
On this page
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chromosome Xq duplication. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.