- RKH syndrome
- Von Mayer Rokitansky Kuster anomaly
- Mayer Rokitansky Kuster Hauser syndrome
- Congenital absence of the uterus and vagina
- Uterus bipartitus solidus rudimentarius cum vagina solida
The specific reproductive features of MRKH syndrome are due to incomplete development of the Müllerian ducts. These ducts are present in the embryo and give rise to the fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, and upper portion of the vagina. It is unclear why some affected women have abnormalities in other parts of the body.
- Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. March, 2015; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/mayer-rokitansky-kuster-hauser-syndrome.